WE HAVE A NEW LOCATION:
All Charlotte LPU Meetings will be held at the Waltonwood Cotswold - 5215 Randolph Road, Charlotte, NC 28209, unless otherwise stated.
- LUNCH INCLUDED! REGISTER TODAY!
- SEATING LIMITED
- RESERVE YOUR SPOT EARLY
- THE WORKSHOP WILL QUOTA AT 35 PARTICIPANTS
- NO WAITING LIST – REGISTER EARLY
- NO STANDING ROOM
Saturday, November 5, 2016
CE: 3.0 Hours
Presenter: Patricia J. Butler, LCSW
Working with Trauma Using the Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM)
* To explore the biology of fear and threat and the body’s natural defensive responses
* To develop an understanding of the role of the nervous system and one’s ability to stay in a “zone of tolerance”
* To explore the concept of resiliency
* To learn specific, concrete skills for bringing the body back into balance after a traumatic experience
* To reframe symptoms from mental weakness to normal biological responses to trauma and stress
9:45AM On Site Check-In
12PM – 12:30PM Lunch/Networking
Patricia J. Butler- Patricia is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice in Charlotte, NC with 25 years of clinical experience. She has studied Somatic models of trauma processing for the past 10 years particularly focusing of the Trauma Resiliency Model developed by Elaine Miller Karras LCSW and Laurie Leitch PhD. She is currently a Facilitator with the Trauma Resource Institute (TRI). Her passion around TRM comes from her experience with TRM as a clear, concise model that provides concrete and immediately accessible tools for helping clients work with the effects of trauma in their bodies. Skills such as Grounding, Resourcing, Tracking Sensations, and Shifting and Stay all help clients cultivate and establish a greater sense of resiliency and confidence in their body in facing life’s challenges and stresses.
Registration: Seating will be limited so reserve your spot early! If you plan to attend this training please register by November 3, 2016.
We have moved to online registration and payment. Once you pay your money cannot be refunded and it will be your responsibility to find someone to take your spot if you can no longer attend.
The cost of the training is:
NASW Members: $20.00
Non Members - $45.00
Non-members rate $15.00 Per Hour
You will not be able to register using Internet Explorer are your website browser. It is best to use this site with Firefox or Google Chrome internet browsers for security.
You can download them safely and for free by clicking the images here:
Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome
We apologize for this inconvenience.