Is opening a private practice as easy as being a competent and well trained clinician, having comfortable and private office space? You open the doors after telling a few friends and referral sources then, BOOM, a thriving practice exists! Well, it’s not quite that easy, but it can happen! In this workshop you will have an opportunity to learn about the considerations that go into developing a successful practice as well as understand the issues of being a mental health professional as well as a business person. This comprehensive workshop will cover:
· How to stand out from the competition
· Appropriate business licenses
· Securing office space
· What referral sources most appreciate
· Pros/cons about accepting insurance
· Strategies for administrative management
· Bringing on colleagues (or joining an already established practice)
· Ways to protect yourself from undue risk exposure*
*please note that this workshop does not include legal advice and it is recommended that you have an attorney who you can consult with if you practice privately.
All of this can be achieved while enjoying a successful practice! Come prepared with your questions!
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will come away with an understanding if going into business as a private practice is right for them. Participants will:
1. Identify their own needs, wants, and goals for a private practice
2. Formulate an initial plan of how to begin a practice
3. Have their questions answered (most all of them we hope!) about everything you wanted to know about private practice for LCSWs in NC!
Fees and Cancellation Information:
Registration fees start at $109 for NASW Members and $149 for non-members. If you are registered and unable to attend, you may select from one of the following options:
- Send a substitute by notifying us in writing of the substitute's name.
- Receive a refund less the $45 administrative fee if the cancellation is made by the end of the business day 2 weeks out from the conference.
Registration/check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. and the workshop gets started at 9:00 a.m. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance reflecting six and one half (6.5) hours of continuing education. Dress is casual. Lunch is on your own. If you need special accommodations, please notify us at least 3 weeks prior to the conference.
The conference will be held at the Courtyard | Residence Inn Raleigh-Durham Airport/Brier Creek. Attendees needing overnight accommodations, should contact the hotel directly at 919-472-1000 .
Questions or Concerns:
Contact NASW-NC Director of Professional Development: (919) 828-9650 or (800) 280-6207