Chair: Heather Thorp, LCSW, REAT
Please feel free to contact Heather if you have any questions regarding Boone’s LPU.
Upcoming Event Information
All LPU Meetings will be held at the Watauga County Library the 4th Monday of the month. Meetings are free for NASW members and $15 for nonmembers.
Once you pay, your money cannot be refunded and it will be your responsibility to find someone to take your spot if you can no longer attend. If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, we will electronically debit your account for the amount of the check plus a processing fee of $25.00.
- July 27, 2015: A Social Worker's Reflection on a Recent Visit to India
- August 17, 2015: Appalachian State's Field Orientation
- September 28, 2015: Planning Meeting
- November 23, 2015: Sex and Social Work, Social Workers Responsibility to Promote Reproductive Justice"
- January 11, 2016: Spring Field Education Orientation (Please note time, date & location change from our regular meeting).
- February 22, 2016: Topic TBD
- April 25, 2016: Opioid Use Disorder and Medication Assisted Treatment
- May 23, 2016: Ethics in Practice
- August 22, 2016: Trauma Informed Care for Children and Families
- October 14, 2016: Out in the High Country
- December 5, 2016: Social Justice, Race and Racism in Social Service Professions
- February 27, 2017: Self-Care or "Putting Your Own Oxygen on First"
- March 27, 2017: “Ethics of Social Work in the Time of Trump. Review of the NASW Transition Document to the Trump Administration.”