Chair: Peggy Fair, MSW
Please feel free to contact Peggy if you have any questions regarding Onslow County/Jacksonville's LPU.
Upcoming Event Information
All Jacksonville/Onslow County LPU Meeting information, unless otherwise noted, is as follows:
- Date: Every 3rd Thursday of the month
- NEW LOCATION: Valencia Park Executive Offices; 200 Valencia Park Drive, Jacksonville, NC 28546
- Time: 5:30- 8:00 pm
- Cost: $3.00 for NASW-NC Members; $15.00 for Non-members; $2.00 for Students (must present Student ID)
Education: Certificates of Attendance reflecting 2 hours of Continuing
Education will be provided. In order to receive the certificate at
the time of the meeting, a 3-day phone or e-mail RSVP must be
Once you pay, your money cannot be refunded and it will be your responsibility to find someone to take your spot if you can no longer attend. If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, we will electronically debit your account for the amount of the check plus a processing fee of $25.00.
- Thursday, June 18, 2015: Solution Focused Interventions
- Thursday, September 17, 2015: The Code of Military Justice
- Thursday, October 15, 2015: ICD-10 Codes for Mental Health
- Thursday, November 19, 2015: Whistleblowing in the Social Work Profession
- Thursday, January 21, 2016: Using Art in Your Therapy Sessions.
- Thursday, February 18, 2016: Compassion Fatigue
- Thursday, March 17, 2016: Integrative Therapies in Pain Management
- Thursday, April 21, 2016: Women in the Military
- Thursday, May 26, 2016: How to Get Away with Unethical Behavior
- Thursday, June 16, 2016: SHORE First Episode Psychosis
- Thursday, September 15, 2016: Critical Incidents in Therapy
- Thursday, October 20, 2016: Military Justice System
- Thursday, November 17, 2016: Forensic Psychiatry
- Thursday, January 19, 2017: Solution Focused Brief Therapy Overview
- Thursday, February 16, 2017: Ethics Part 1
- Thursday, March 16, 2017: Ethics Part 2
- Thursday, April 20, 2017: NC Out of the Darkness Walk for Suicide Prevention
- Thursday, May 18, 2017: The Brain
- Thursday, June 15, 2017: "Creating Safe Spaces: The Ethics of Competent Clinical Practice with our LGBTQ+ Clients"