NASW-NC and the Wake County LPU would like to sincerely thank Holly Hill Hospital in Raleigh, NC for donating free meeting space, free audio-visual equipment usage, and free refreshments. Your support is very appreciated and helps keep the Wake County LPU going!
Nehal Outlaw, LCSW
The Wake County LPU is in need of committee members to volunteer to make these great events possible.
Please feel free to contact Kristen if you have any questions regarding Wake’s LPU.
Upcoming Event Information
All Wake County LPU Meeting information, unless otherwise indicated, is as follows:
- Time: 12:00 - 1:00pm
- Location: Holly Hill Hospital; 3019 Falstaff Road, Raleigh. You will check in at the front desk and will be escorted to the meeting location.
- Wake County LPU meets regularly throughout the year on the 3rd Thursday of the month at Holly Hill Hospital.
- Cost: NASW-NC Members - $2; Non-members - $15
Once you pay, your money cannot be refunded and it will be your responsibility to find someone to take your spot if you can no longer attend. If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, we will electronically debit your account for the amount of the check plus a processing fee of $25.00.
- March 17, 2016: Recovery Oriented Systems of Care and the New Recovery Advocacy Movement
- April 21, 2016: First Episode of Psychosis, and North Carolina’s model for Coordinated Specialty Care
- May 19, 2016: Considerations in the Treatment of Grief
- June 16, 2016: What Does it Mean to be Neutral in This Time of Heated Media About HB2
- July 21, 2016: Ethical Dilemmas working with LGBTQ Population Part 2
- August 18, 2016: Mindfulness in Therapy
- September 15, 2016: Systems-Centered Therapy
- October 20, 2016: Spirituality and Clinical Practice
- November 17, 2016: Mindful Eating and Spending
- January 19, 2017: Working with Trauma
- February 16, 2017: Dealing With Divorce
- March 16, 2017: Developing Cultural Competency to Support Newcomer Youth From Central America