Co-Chair: Joe Peters, MSW, LCSW
Co-Chair: Brookes Musser, MSW, LCSW, RPT
Please feel free to contact Joe or Brookes if you have any questions regarding Cape Fear/Wilmington’s LPU.
Upcoming Event Information
NEW DAY OF THE MONTH! All LPU meetings will be held every 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Magnolia Room at the Lower Cape Fear Hospice and Life Care Center at 1414 Physicians Dr. Wilmington, NC for the remainder of 2016-2017. Meetings will be held from 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM with 1 hour of CE available.
Once you pay, your money cannot be refunded and it will be your responsibility to find someone to take your spot if you can no longer attend. If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, we will electronically debit your account for the amount of the check plus a processing fee of $25.00.
- January 26, 2016: Bringing Money into the Conversation
- February 23, 2016: Provide First Level Commitment Evaluations for Mental Health/Substance Abuse Treatment
- March 31. 2016: Spring Social
- April 26, 2016: Endometriosis, Infertility and the Impact on Mental Health (1.5 hours of CE)
- May 24, 2016: Mental Health Support for Those with Cancer and Other Chronic Illnesses
- June 21, 2016: TBD
- July 28, 2016: Summer Social
- August 18, 2016: North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition
- September 20, 2016: Collaborating in our Community
- October 18, 2016: Sexual Violence in Individuals with Disabilities
- October 27, 2016: Fall Social
- November 15, 2016: TBD
- December 15, 2016: Holiday Social
- January 19, 2017: Suicide Prevention, Screening, and Safety Assessment
- February 17, 2017: The Ethics of Self-Awareness
- March 21, 2017: "UNCW MSW Students Take Over"
- May 16, 2017: TBD