- About Us
- My Member Benefits
- Continuing Education
- Get Involved
- Advertise with Us
- Join NASW
|Conference Frequently Asked Questions|
1. Can I volunteer if I am not a member?
· Volunteering is a member only benefit. For information on how to join NASW-NC, click here.
2. How are volunteers selected and are they admitted for free?
· Conference volunteers are critical to the smooth workings of our events. If a member has been active in the organization at any level and has demonstrated the skills needed for conference volunteering, NASW-NC may ask them to volunteer at conferences. We do not take conference volunteer applications.
· Volunteers are welcomed to attend our conferences for 50% off the member rate.
· Current Student Liaisons are admitted to either the Fall Conference or the Ethics Conference for free in exchange for actively volunteering with those conferences. For information about the Student Liaison program, click here.
3. I’d like to volunteer, but can’t stay for the whole conference, can I still be a volunteer?
· NASW-NC staff depend on volunteers to pitch in during the entire conference. This means that volunteers must stay for the entire event.
4. My company is exhibiting, can I attend and get CE for free or reduced price if I staff our booth?
· We love our exhibitors and are glad to provide a forum where they can meet their business goals by interacting with social workers. Exhibiting and conference attending are separate items. Each person who would like CE, would need a full registration fee paid.
5. Is there a discount for students or retired social workers?
· Yes! If you are an NASW-NC member, there are reduced rates at the Fall Conference. The other conferences do not have discounts.
6. Are scholarships available?
· Yes! If you are a current member and graduated from a BSW or MSW program in the last three years, you are eligible to apply for the Conference Scholarship. The conference scholarship covers the registration fee and provides a small travel stipend for up to two members at each of our NASW-NC conferences. For more information, please visit the scholarship page.
7. Can you take my registration over the phone?
· Payment must accompany registration so, if you are an individual paying by check, we would not be able to take your registration over the phone. If your organization is paying by check, please see #8.
· With credit card payments, for your protection, we do not take registrations over the phone.
8. Can I register now and have my company send a check later?
·We understand that many organizations have a lengthy check requisition process. Members are welcomed to contact the Director of Professional Development to set up an arrangement. This is a member only benefit. For information on how to join NASW-NC, click here.
9. I have a coupon. Can I register online?
·To process your registration and discount, please mail in your registration and payment by check or money order.
10. My organization/university is sending a group of people. How can we register everyone?
· If your organization needs to register a group and pay with a check, please contact the Director of Professional Development.
11. Can I register a group online?
· Yes! If you are paying with a credit card, there is an option to register a group with our online system.
· If you are registering more than 5 people, please contact the Director of Professional Development for special instructions in order to receive a group discount.
12. I have to cancel, can my registration fee be transferred to a future conference?
· Not at this time.
13. Can I get a full refund?
· From the moment a person registers for an NASW-NC conference, the staff makes plans to accommodate them. If that person cancels, there has already been staff time and NASW-NC resources spent to prepare for that person to attend. So, each of our conferences has a cancellation fee to cover the resources spent in anticipation of the registrant’s attendance. Because of this, NASW-NC does not typically give full refunds.
14. Can I attend and pay for only part of the conference?
· At this time NASW-NC does not offer partial registration.
15. What if I need to leave early or can’t stay for the entire conference?
· For our multi day conferences, participants are offered maximum flexibility with the certificate stamping system. Attendees earn credit for the hours they participate in workshops, then to certify their attendance, the certificates are stamped.
· For one day conferences, NASW-NC staff will modify the certificate of attendees who either need to arrive later, or leave early.
16. If I can’t attend the full conference can I still get full CE credit?
· Full credit cannot be given if the attendee cannot stay for the entire time.
17. Can the representatives we are sending to staff our exhibit booth get CE?
· Yes! However, they must also submit a registration fee separate from the exhibit fee.
18. I’m on the waiting list, when will I know if I got a spot at the conference?
· As spaces come open, participants on the waiting list are notified. Everyone on the waiting list will be notified 1 week before the conference with a definite answer as to whether they can be accommodated at the conference.
19. One of the sessions I wanted is full. Is there a waitlist for sessions?
· Not at this time
20. I am not a member, may I be added to the wait list?
· The waiting list is a member only benefit. For information on how to join NASW-NC, click here.
21. Can you help me find a roommate for the conference?
·NASW-NC does not coordinate roommates, but we do offer a variety of ways for conference attendees to communicate with each other to set something up on their own.
i. We have a Facebook page
ii. We have a LinkedIn group
iii. Members can connect with each other on the Practice Area Network Listervs
22. The hotel block is full, what do I do?
·NASW-NC may have negotiated a discounted overnight accommodation rate with a nearby hotel. That information will be on the conference website. If not, attendees are welcomed to do a Google search for the local Convention and Visitors Bureau for ideas on where to stay.
23. I have special needs as outlined by ADA, can you accommodate me?
· If you require special accommodations please provide an emailed request to the Director of Professional Development along with a completed registration form at least 3 weeks prior to the date of the conference. NASW-NC will make every effort to make the accommodations.
24. I am vegetarian/vegan/gluten sensitive/other dietary restriction, can I be accommodated?
·For full meals, NASW-NC will make every effort to accommodate special needs. For continental breakfasts (pastries/bagels and coffee) and afternoon breaks (cookies, etc), we may not be able to make appropriate dietary changes. For full meal functions, if you require special accommodations please provide an emailed request to the Director of Professional Development along with a completed registration form at least 3 weeks prior to the date of the conference. NASW-NC will make every effort to make the accommodations.
25. I am a nursing mother, can arrangements be made for me to take care of those needs while at a conference?
· Attendees are free to contact the conference facilities to coordinate an arrangement that is most comfortable. If you cannot make contact with a representative from the facility, please alert the Director of Professional Development.
26. My child care provider cancelled/I cannot get childcare. Can my children sit with me during the workshops?
· To ensure that professional development remains the focus for everyone, and to ensure your child’s comfort and safety, the environment in the workshop rooms must remain child free.
27. My family is joining me at the conference. Can they participate in meal functions?
·Although we would like to accommodate everyone who would like a meal, meals are only for paying attendees. We cannot accommodate family members at meal functions.
5/3/2017 » 5/4/2017
2017 Caring Conference