Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In
International District
International Logo

Welcome to the NASW-NC International District! With close to 300 International NASW-NC members across the globe, we seek to provide information on Continuing Education opportunities, licensure and supervision, resources and contacts in other countries! Additionally, members receive a monthly e-newsletter specific to international social work. 



Access to the NASW-NC International District resources is a NASW North Carolina/International District member only benefit. If you are a member of NASW and NOT a member of NASW North Carolina, you are not able to access these resources. If you would like to affiliate your NASW membership with the NASW-NC International District, please call NASW Member Services at 800-742-4089

In an effort to better serve our International members, we have positions available specifically for District members on the NASW-NC Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving on our Board of Directors, click here.


We often get questions from social workers seeking to move abroad. Our best advice in going abroad is to contact the U.S. Embassy in that country about social work work requirements. Click here for a list of U.S. Embassies. Secondly, contact the licensing board in the state where you hold your clinical license regarding information about what to do with your license and continuing education while you're abroad. Lastly, check with your liability insurance to ensure they will cover you if you move!


Find the NASW-NC International District on Facebook and Twitter for daily posts on conference opportunities, recent news and more!


To provide information about international job opportunities to our members.

To provide resources for continuing education opportunities to our members.

To provide networking and advice on living and working abroad.

To provide a "virtual member service” through blogs, social media and WebEd.

To play a leading role on the specific needs of social workers working abroad for the military.

To be the knowledge base for US social workers working abroad.

To develop international partnerships and to embrace social justice issues that are experienced by our members.



Promote the professional development of our members.

Establish and maintain professional standards of practice.

Provide services that protect our members and enhance their professional status.
Support social workers living and working abroad.


Links to additional resources

Continuing Education

Continuing Education Approval

International Advertising

Licensure and Supervision 

Country Contacts


Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal